Logo and Words

Need Glass? Get Started Here:

An A-Z glossary of all things
Glass Detective
Need customized help on glass?
A side view of a beige Escalade.


Automotive glass sidelites

The windows in a vehicle that are not the windshield or backlight are also called sidelites. Some people refer to these windows as the roll-downs (or roll-ups), as these are the windows that can be opened and closed by a mechanism that allows them to slide up and down. The windows that don’t open and that are located immediately in front or behind the operational windows are called the quarter glass.

Please note, this article may contain links to Amazon products. As an Amazon Associate, earns from qualifying purchases.

Related Posts: