transom glass, transverse windows

Transom glass

One architectural feature that many people might see, especially on houses, is to have a horizontal window, usually fairly narrow, above a door or window, sometimes in addition to narrow vertical windows, or sidelites, alongside a door. That horizontal (transverse) window above the door is called as a transom window and glass used in any such design can be referred to as transom glass.

Go to glass dictionary